Please follow the steps below to descale your Tassimo brewer.
Note: Only for machines with water filter
It is essential to remove the filter holder with the filter cartridge before running the descaling program.
Running the descaling program
• Remove the water tank from your TASSIMO machine and take the Service T DISC out. Insert it in the brewing unit with the barcode face down, and close the clamp down firmly.
• Prepare descaling solution (not vinegar-based) according to the manufacturer‘s instructions. If you cannot find an appropriate descaling agent at various retailers, it is available through TASSIMO or Bosch Customer Service Department.
• Replace the water tank containing the descaling solution back on the machine.
• Remove the cup stand and place a suitable container (min. 17 oz / 500 ml capacity) under the drink outlet.
• Press and hold the start/stop button for at least 3 seconds to start the descaling program.
• The program now proceeds automatically and Descale and Automatic lights flash. (Duration approx. 20 minutes). The descaling solution is pumped through the appliance at intervals and then runs into the container until the water tank is almost empty. A little liquid is always left in the tank.
• Stand-by icon will light up after approx. 20 minutes of running descaling program.
• Empty the container and replace it under the drink outlet.
• Rinse the water tank thoroughly and fill up to the MAX mark with fresh water.
• Replace it back onto your TASSIMO machine.
• Open and close the brewing unit keeping the Service T DISC in place on the T DISC holder and press the start/stop button. The machine will rinse itself. Once one cycle is complete, press the button again repeating 4 more times. The descaling process is complete.
• Now open the brewing unit, remove the Service T DISC and store it in the compartment at the back of the machine
Note: For machines with water filter
• Place the filter holder with the filter cartridge into the water tank.
• Your TASSIMO machine is ready for use again.
4 years ago